Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lack of Posts. And rice.

Sorry I haven't posted in the last week. A family member passed and my wife has gone off to New York to be with her parents, so I'm home with all the little ones. If anyone tells you that being a homemaker is easy, non-stressful work, kick them and call them a bald faced liar or a complete fool. Then kick them again.
The little ones are asleep, well, in bed, so I've had a bit of time in the kitchen and I'm trying to adapt the Millionaire's Shortbread recipe to be Gluten and Dairy Free. My original attempt at gluten free shortbread was mildly successful. I used dark buckwheat flour which has a very strong taste. I didn't care for it, but the two littlest, who are on the Glutenless diet, didn't seem to mind and ate it up. I've been making cornbread muffins this week also. I was planning to post a recipe, but my wife took the camera with her, so hopefully next week.

On a completely unrelated note, I mentioned that one of the best things I ever picked up on a business trip was my Fuzzy logic Rice Cooker. I was under the impression that they were only available off in the inscrutable East. I was wrong! You can get them on line. If you're a regular rice eater I can't recommend one of these enough. They aren't cheap. The smaller ones, 5 1/2 cups run around $150, but that's enough for 20 people easily. Guys, get these for your wives, sisters, mothers or even yourself. You won't regret it.

1 comment:

  1. Stay strong this week and I'm so sorry for the loss of your wife's aunt!

    ReplyDelete